I posted some tips last year for IMATS, so I just thought I would do an updated post on this topic.
Photo from https://makeupmag.com
First off who is going to IMATS L.A. in June??
I am! I will be nearly 5 months pregnant, but I'm sure I'll be ok as long as I take needed breaks when necessary. :)
This will be my third year going, and maybe my last for a year or two since I'll I have a new baby by this time next year!
Here are some tips if this is your first year going.
* Wear comfortable shoes. You might be doing some standing if you go in a class that's full or your in line at the MAC or Make Up For Ever booth, they always have HUGE lines every year!
* Bring makeup wipes in your purse, since you'll probably be doing lots of swatching!
* Buy your tickets ahead of time online! https://makeupmag.com/imats_tickets/cPath/224/
* Book your hotel ahead of time!
* Bring a camera, you'll want to take pictures of all the models in body art and prosthetics.
* Most of the booths take cards, but having some cash on hand would be good.
* Your given a large bag to hold all your purchases, so a large bag of your own is not really necessary, which I learned the hard way, it just adds weight to what your carrying with you.
* If your a blogger, take business cards with you to hand out.
* Don't be afraid to mingle with the reps from all the brands there, this is a great way to network and get yourself/ blog/ name, out there. Everyone is always very nice.
* When you purchase something make sure you get all of what your buying, it can be hectic when your checking out, and maybe they forgot to put something in your bag so just double check you have everything you paid for. This happened to me but I didn't realize till I was already home, too late to do anything about it. Lesson learned. :)
* Make a list of things you want or things you want to check out while your there so you don't forget anything. I forgot to buy brush cleaner last year, I have a list this year! :)
That's all I can think of at this time. If I think of anything else I will update this post.
If you have any tips to share leave them in the comments.
If your going let me know! :)