I am so excited to go. I had such a great time last year and have been looking forward to this years event.
I have been to many makeup shows over the years and figured I'd share some tips to help you all out if you're planning on attending.
1. Wear comfortable shoes! Be prepared to stand in long lines! It's worth it in the name of beauty! ;)
2. Buy your tickets online, ahead of time and make sure you print them out.
3. Book your hotel in advance. One time I waited till a couple days prior and realized everything was booked and I ended up having to stay in a not so pleasant hotel!
4. Bring a camera to take lots of pictures!
5. Bring along a small pack of makeup wipes or baby wipes if you plan on doing any shopping. Chances are you will be doing a ton of swatching so they will come in handy! Trust me!
6. Take business cards to network and meet with reps.
7. Have cash! Many of the booths take debit/credit cards but there are some who give you better deals if you pay cash such as not charging tax.
8. When purchasing your items, make sure you check to see that you are given everything you paid for. No ones trying to rip you off but when booths are over crowded, a few mistakes will happen.
9. Make a list! If there are many different booths you want to check out, products you want to see, or reps you want to speak with make a list so you don't forget. If you are a beauty junkie or MUA walking into a big makeup show for the first time can be overwhelming in a good way. There will be so much to see that you might forget to pick up a necessity like mascara wands or brush cleaner. I've been there! :P
10. Last but not least HAVE FUN! The weekend will be a fun filled event of beauty, knowledge, and demos, so be sure to enjoy it and meet new people!
Make sure you stop by some of my favorite booths including Inglot, Model in a Bottle, Sugarpill, Z Palette, Saucebox, Parian Spirit, OCC, Lise Watier, Ben Nye, Bdellium Tools, and Anastasia Beverly Hills.
I'm excited to see some booths that I haven't been to before such as the makeup geek booth, Cailyn, and Sedona Lace.
Will you be going to PHAMExpo 2014? What are some items on your PHAMExpo list?